Building Gratitude

Via Pinterest

Anybody else a little tired of their house? On top of everything else, I don't even have access to my books. I have exactly two books to read, and then I go crazy.

This Is How Benedict Cumberbatch Reacts When He Makes Women Scream - GIF
Via Pinterest

But in all seriousness, I'm using this time to develop some good habits in my daily life. (Or I'm trying to anyway.) As some of you know, my word for 2020 is "RENEWAL". I came out of both 2018 and 2019 with a lot of things I didn't like in my life.

So for 2020, I really wanted to - maybe not fix - but definitely improve. That means better habits, better attitude, and better lifestyle. Part of that is in my writing; part of that is other areas. One of the ways I'm working to reshape is through building gratitude in as many ways as I can.

Here's how I work gratitude into my everyday life.

  1. 3 Things I'm Grateful for Before I Get out of Bed. Once I'm good and awake, I list three simple things that I appreciate. It might be a bird singing, sunshine after rainy weeks, or a quiet house. Small as those things are, acknowledging them sets me up for a better day.
  2. Gratitude Journal So I've kept a prayer journal since I was probably about 12 years old. Part of 2018 and 2019 was that journal falling to the wayside, but I've picked back up and turned it into a simple gratitude journal. Everyday I fill a page with gratitude for things and people in my life.
  3. Daily Gratitude in Bullet Journal In addition to my gratitude journal, my bullet journal's weekly spread always includes a "daily gratitude" spot. What goes there is similar to my morning gratitude but with more variety.
  4. The Day's Highlights Before I fall asleep, every night, I remind myself of the day's good moments. No matter how small those things are, I hold them up as bits of grace in my day,
Again, these are just small things that I try to do regularly. No, I don't always succeed. No, not everything happens everyday. But this is what I'm trying to build into my life. If you also have a surplus of time, maybe they're things you could work on to. If you decide to start them, let me know.

From "The Craziness of Moriah Snell"

Comments

  1. I LOVE all of the ideas you listed! And I've been meaning to ask you-- do you have a youtube video or something explaining how to use a bullet journal that you recommend? And also do you have a favourite bullet journal design?

    I just started doing something similar to your "3 things I'm grateful for..."--I have a little piece of paper taped up on my wall that says, "Lord, thank you for", and then below it I'll just randomly tape up little pieces of paper with various things as I think of them through my days. And it actually looks pretty cool too! :)

    But yeah--I have been really interested in bullet journaling, so any tips you have would be much appreciated! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I think my posts "BULLET JOURNALING FOR WRITERS" and "BULLET JOURNALING" will answer most of your questions. PLANNING WITH KAY and SHAYDA CAMPBELL are my favorite youtubers for inspiration.

      You could also check out my Pinterest board for more ideas. I'm going to do another post when I start a new bujo around July/August, but I'm not sure what you mean by "bullet journal design"? Are you referring to the physical design or a page layout?

      Delete
  2. I was thinking more physical design--but both too...more like is there a favourite brand of yours?

    And thanks for all the info! I read your new blog post on it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So... my journal is from Hobby Lobby and it is their brand Paper Studio. However, most bullet journal are set up the same. As for cover designs, I customize mine with vinyl, washi tape, and stickers, also from Hobby Lobby. Etsy and Amazon both have some with really cute covers.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Cool! That actually sounds really fun...I think you've introduced me to something other than makeup to blow my money on... lol! Right now I don't have any money to blow though, so I'll have to wait on most of this. But it'll be on my list for sure!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES