Favorite Characters

I'm addicted to words.  The only way to get my fix is to write and read.
Via Pinterest

Hey, I'm back, and as promised, I'm ready to introduce some of my favorite characters. These are all from my own WIPs, so hopefully these will be new and interesting.

This is Aleksander Travick, from The Dragons' Stones and The Dragon's Skin. And I don't even know... Ah! Help!  Somebody! He's my baby, okay?

I mean he's a man and all, but he's just a baby too.

Sorry; authors fan-girl too.

Aleksander's strengths are his loyalty and understanding. These combined make him a caring person who loves his family more than all of Terra.

His faults include stubbornness and holding onto guilt. His past influences almost every part of his life. But I won't explain about that, because spoilers.



Via Pinterest
So, y'all, meet Minnew Riversong from Inkling Adventures, my resident elven singer.

She's sweet, and I would list her strengths as believing in others, experience with many races, and relentless hopefulness.

But she has weaknesses too (of course). Those would be a lack of confidence, the comparison game, and a touch of timidness to boot.

Want to make her happy? Ask her to write you a song. Or duel her with swords, but be warned: her skill is hard-earned; she'll probably beat you.




.
Via Pinterest
And this is Luna, both the villain and the main character of Day and Night. She's pretty much a walking owie.

As a villain, her character is set up differently. She does have her strengths, though, and some of those are a dedication to her subjects (she's a queen, BTW),  a commitment to duty, and self-control.

Sadly, most of those are also her weaknesses. The dedication to her subjects goes to the extreme, her commitment to duty leaves her hopeless, and too much self-control makes her cold.

Now, she does have a tragic backstory. She hates her husband and tolerates (barely) her step-daughter. But all in all, she narrates an interesting spin on Snow White. Well, I think she does anyway. Might be bias though.


Via Pinterest
Let's circle back to The Dragons' Stones and The Dragon's Skin real quick. 

This is Ciara, Crown Princess of Crosia. She also happens to be a runaway. She's hiding from her own father and is desperate to keep her freedom.

She's smart, has a good memory, and loves new experiences. She's compassionate with those she cares about and isn't afraid of decisions.

On the other side, she's quick-tempered, secretive, and slightly naive. She dislike being wrong and has little knowledge of the real world.

If you get a chance, ask her why her wolf is named Liberty.



Well, that was great fun. What do y'all think? Do they sound like people you want to meet? I hope so. Tell whose WIP interests you the most, okay?

Next week/post, I hope to write about core drafts. Not sure if anyone else uses them, but I do. So I'll explain a little bit about what they are and how I use them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES