Right Now




  

Via Pinterest

And that's where I am right now. Work-craziness is kicking in, and that's never fun. Take my advice, y'all, don't work in retail unless you have to.

But enough whining. On to the post.

What I'm Reading:
Image result for the blue sword
Via Google
 I love Robin McKinley's books, and this one was no exception.

Harry has just arrived in a strange country, and she feels out of place. She loves the desert and isn't exactly unhappy, but she is restless and can't say why.

From her brother's colonel, she hears wisps of stories about the Hill-folk and their fabulous horses. The stories aren't much, but they captivate her like nothing else.

An excellent book. I rate it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. I usually don't rate above four stars, so trust me and go read it. You can also check out my review of Goodreads if you need more convincing.

Anybody whose already read it, who's your fave character? I love Corlath.




What I'm Writing:
Natalie Portman, goyas ghosts
Via Pinterest

I'm still deep in The Dragon's Skin. With the core draft done, I'm adding, adding, adding to it. So much is happens right in this book, and i have trouble getting all the holes filled. See, in my head, it's all worked out. Ciara and Aleksander live their life - happy heroes.

But it doesn't transfer to paper easily. Can any writers feel that? All I want is for my pair to save Selene's son and win the kingdom. Is that too much to ask? IDK, but have a snippet.

~~~~~

I stepped around an oak.With its branches out of the way, I saw the path’s destination. The Two Towers stood crumbling among the trees. They were no better cared for than the last time I’d been here.
“Jack!” I called. “ Jack, come out!”
“Why should I?”
I sighed. “Jack, just come out. I’m here for Marcus.”
“The boy? You’re welcome to him; eating me out of my very forest, he is.”
An old man dropped from the trees. Somehow dressed in moss and twigs, he lived up to the name the locals had given him: Jack of the Forest. His long, matted hair still needed a matching beard, but he seemed to be wearing a new set of rags.
“Alek, my lad, welcome back,” he greeted me.
“Hello, Jack; it’s been a long time.”
He shrugged. “Has it? I didn’t keep track.”
“You never do.”
“The trees grow, and the wind blows. That is enough for me.”
I nodded. That statement, I remembered, was Jack’s answer to most of life’s questions. He never knew the day of the week or what the next month would be, but he could share more forest secrets than an herbwife, a hunter, and a wood guide combined.
The locals told stories about him surviving on stream water and mushrooms. They said he could do it for days. I thought they were exaggerating; then Selene saw him do it for weeks. So if he said Marcus was eating a lot, I half-expected he meant a tree.
But I found the boy sitting among mossy roots and playing with a grey fox. The sun slipped through a crack and shone on his dark head. The fox licked him, and he laughed like a brooke.
It was a simple and normal sound. It also struck me as odd. I’d never seen Ronan laugh, and Selene did so with only bitterness. Yet here sat their child, laughing as any child would laugh. But watching Marcus, I didn’t know why it surprised me. He was just a little boy - no matter who his parents were.

~~~~~

Interest anybody? Or am I just nursing delusions of talent?

What I'm Wearing:
Burgundy C.C. Cable Knit Headband

As the weather drops, I'm loving this warm, cozy headband. It goes great with a fave pullover and keeps the hair out of my eyes to boot. Find it here in lots of lovely colors. Would you wear one? If so, what would you pair it with?

Well, hope everybody's Monday finishes well. See y'all soon for "Five Weird Writer Things I Do".

Stay alive, y'all.

Museum Of Arts And Crafts #ArtsAndCraftsPendantLights Key: 4664410650
Via Pinterst

Comments

  1. Love your writing dear! I hope it all comes together nicely-- I DO know how difficult it is to transfer one's beautiful poetic thoughts to prosy paper!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES