Five LORD OF THE RINGS Facts

Like if you remember #BilboBaggins #lordoftherings #LOTR #thehobbit #hobbit #Tolkien #frodo
From "Far Over the Misty Mountains"

So one of my guilty little pleasures is reading Middle Earth fanfiction. I don't write it (in traceable form, at least. Inside my head might be a different story.) But as a Tolkienite, I am aware that J.R.R. Tolkien did in fact say that he created Middle Earth as a mythology that he hoped others would add to.

Legolas headcanon - why he has endless arrows
From "Far Over the Misty Mountains"

Yes, I just justified fanfiction. Yes, I just said that my guilty pleasure isn't actually guilty. Yes, I may have even justified Tauriel's existence (but not her romance with Kili; no one can justify that). 

Aragorn Lord Of The Rings GIF - Aragorn LordOfTheRings LOTR - Discover & Share GIFs
From "Far Over the Misty Mountains"

A quick look through my labels earlier this week revealed that "Marvel" is a label, but I had none related to Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, or even Middle Earth in general. And that's a problem. I love LotR a million times more than anything Marvel related. So we're fixing that today.

LotR became a near obsession of mine by the time I was thirteen, if not younger. I read any Tolkien book I could get my hands on and still do. The result? I have extensive knowledge of this fictional place and its people. Let me share five of bits.

  1. Legolas isn't blonde. Though the movies depict more than have the elves as golden blondes, of all the Elven Houses, only the House of Finarfin had golden hair. The last remaining member of this House? None other than Galadriel herself. Most likely, Legolas had brown or black hair.
  2. Galadriel is named for her hair. I promise all my facts aren't hair related, but this is so funny to me. Galadriel is probably the most powerful elf left in Middle Earth, and Tolkien chose to overlook all her other characteristics and name her for her long, blonde hair.
  3. Aragorn is the descendent of three different races. I assume everyone knows that he's mostly human and part elf, but Aragorn carries the blood of the Maiar as well. Who are the Maiar? Well, Gandalf, Saurman, Sauron, and the balrog are all Maiar. Aragorn inherits this from Luthien, the daughter of Melian the Maiar.
  4. The Fellowship leaves Rivendell of Christmas Day. In the Appendices, Tolkien provides a timeline of Middle Earth. A quick look at the War of the Ring section shows that the Fellowship sets out on December 25th.
  5. After Frodo leaves Middle Earth, Pippin and Merry travel back to Rohan and Gondor. While there, they attend the deathbed and funeral of King Eomer of the Rohirrim. They also visit Aragorn before his death, and Pippin's daughter, Goldilocks, served as a lady-in-waiting to Queen Arwen.

So yeah, that's my random spill on  LotR. Hope y'all enjoyed it.

Kontynuacja memów o tematyce Hobbita i Lotr #humor # Humor # amreading # books # wattpad
From "Far Over the Misty Mountains"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES