THE DRAGON'S SKIN at Present

From "Book, Movies, Coffee, Etc."

If this post comes off as weird, just blame it on the fact that I haven't had coffee in two days. I am alive, but I have no idea how.

From "The Craziness of Moriah Snell"

And that's kinda where I am right now. That's pretty much why I didn't post last week, even though I had it all planned out (thank you, bullet journal!). But I'm back today, and I have last week's post ready for y'all now.

Telli Humasha’s wedding dress, 2x29 (½) - Magnificent Wardrobe
From "The Dragon Books"

As most of y'all know, I'm actively working on my second book, The Dragon's Skin, which in turn is the sequel to my first book, The Dragons' Stones. And let me just say: Nobody told me that writing a sequel was so dang hard!

Sure, I already had my major characters. Sure, I already knew my setting. Sure, I already had most of the groundwork. But making everything work, YEESH!! The characters have to stay true to the last book but also remain interesting. I have to remember all the worldbuild from the first book but still make this book's setting vibrant.

And the ending? Don't even get me started. When I wrote the core draft of this book, it ended the moment the emotional climax was done. But as I'm fleshing the book out, I'm finding out that the story can't end there and that the scene I thought was the climax isn't.

How am I making this work? Good question.

Basically, I opened a new doc and started the scenes as they came. Presently, they are nowhere near chronological order, but they are written. I still have at least four scenes in the new ending to write as well as two or three chapters.

After that comes fine tuning - making sure everything lines up and makes sense. How long will that take? No idea, really. But I am moving forward, and that is the point.

From "The Dragon Books"

Hope this made sense to y'all. If you'd like to know more about about these books, look about my blog. The labels "THE DRAGONS' STONES" and "THE DRAGON'S SKIN" will take you to most of the post concerning them.

As always, thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts in a comment below. If you want to stay up to date about me and my writing, please, please consider subscribing to this blog.

From "Snoopy meets Hobbes"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES