Core Drafts


Now this post just explains a little of how I work. It is NOT a post on how everybody should write, okay? This is what works for me. Try it if you want to, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't fit you. That said, let's move forward.

Core Drafts.

What's that? Quite honestly, it's a term I made up. But what it means is pretty basic: a short-ish, hand-written draft that tells the core of a story.

I then type it up and expand upon it. My besties read that version and point out holes, problems, and flaws. They also fangirl over it and help me brainstorm ideas. Then I work on it more and more and more.

A Writers Comic - Writers Write Creative Blog
Via Pinterest


Then I try not to yell this at my family. Finally, I reach a point where I take a long break and work on something else. That marks the completion of the core draft phase of my writing process. Everything that comes afterwards is fine tuning and picky edits.

Now why do I use a core draft?

I've tried writing from scratch on a computer. The problem is I get distracted (oh, look, y'all, Pinterest!). The step following distraction is, of course, forgetfulness. The end result is rambling and circling back to the same point.

BUT if I write by hand, I stay focused better. My writing improves, and the pace picks up. So that's much better for me.

So that's core drafts.

Writing is Intoxicating Cup or Mug  Writer's Muse by TheQuotedCup
Via Pinterest

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES