Side Characters

~ Yeah......I think I just found my new catch phrase: "I'm rearranging the 26 letters of the alphabet!" ~
Via Pinterest

Richard Price and I can't be the only ones who feel this way, can we? At the end of a hard writing day, I can't be the only writer who sits there and whispers, "I'm crazy". Then I remind myself of the following fact, and it makes me feel better.

do you ever just sit there for hours struggling with ONE sentence and finally be like "Screw it moving on"
Via Pinterest

Between that and this post's subject (yes, it does have one), I'm usually able to ease my craziness for a bit.

Today, I want to share the bright spots of my writing: Side Characters. Also know as secondary characters, these are fun and easy for me. They exist for simple purposes and for as little as a scene. That relaxes the pressure of creating a solid character, and I enjoy it more.


Bridgit
Via Pinterest

This is Bridgit, of The Dragons' Stones.

As you can see from the perfect picture, she is a person of authority and is not afraid to use it. She is the Queen of Fire.

She rules her kingdom jointly with Nodreck, King of Ice, enforcing her orders through the threat of dragon-fire.

But behind her fierceness, she is hurting. Long ago, the brother she worshiped refused to believe her. Worse, she discovered just how wrong he truly was.

Now she is convinced he never cared for her at all.







Via Pinterest

Celestia is also royalty, the Crown Princess of Day. But she may never rule.

Her father is sick, and her step-mother, Queen Luna of Night, can barely control the two kingdoms as it is.

Yet her true problem is that no one accepts her. Born to a Daydweller father and a Nightdweller mother, she belongs to neither people. And neither will accept her as their queen.

But there is no other heir. If she could win Queen Luna's support, maybe the two of them could find a way to keep the peace.





I see Carson similar to this, especially with Ebony gone. He'd have no reason to shave or really care about his appearance. The green would be red, and his eyes would have that unsettling artificial crimson to them.
Pinterest, of course
 




And this is Lord Deathbreath. He is from Lady Bloodhawk, and he is nasty. There's no other way to say it.

By right of combat, he is the ruler of Exzirya. He will hold that position until one of his lieutenants challenges him and wins. Until then, he is the greatest warrior in a nation of warriors.

He oversees Exzirya's many campaigns with an iron fist and a critical eye. He rewards victory with honor and failure with death. That is the Exziryan way.

But the rebellion that is beginning to grow is a chaos he will not allow. One way or another, he will see it dealt with - no matter the cost. Not even Lady Bloodhawk.








Maybe she lost an eye?
Another Pinterest Find
Ginger is a human with just a touch of magic, one of Inkling Adventures's Experimenters. Her powers are fireballs and the like.

But her powers have side effects. Her bad eye is just the obvious one. She also has a twitch she can't control and no family to speak of.

Humanity cast her out, and Zaltin the Black's people took her in. She thought that she'd found a place to fit in, but even there, she is mocked for being an Experimenter.

When she has a chance to redeem herself, she decides to take it. Maybe someday - somewhere - she can be more than what people see on the surface. Or at least, that's what she hopes.






Well, that was interesting. I don't give these characters enough time in the spotlight, but they deserve every second they get and more. They help bring my stories to life and give them an unique flavor. So thanks, guys! Y'all are the best!!

Aren't ordinary people adorable?
All my memes come from Pinterest

LOL, y'all.

I'm gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES