Why I Write

Lacey London (@thelaceylondon) | Twitter
Via Pinterest

Hope y'all have had a decent Monday. Just remember: if you can survive Monday, you can survive anything. (Whoa, now there's a real mood. Can I get a witness?)

The power of fiction | Penn & Paper #reading #books #grief
Via Pinterest

I adore this quote. It summons up why I write so well. It's the essence of why I tell stories and create worlds. If my soul was etched with words I love, these would be there.

Can we dwell here for a moment. Does anyone have to tell you that there are things in the world that should terrify you? No, we all learn this instinctively - huddled in blankets from the monster under the bed. But it takes a loved one's courage to show us that the monster is only in our imagination.

And that's books. Books tell us that the impossible can be done, that fears can be beaten, and that foes can be bested. Better still, they tell us that - no matter how dark it gets - it can all well. Despite the pain, books whisper, you will be happy again.

And that is why I write. That is why I create. With every word, every sentence, every character, every story, I want to remind my reader that this life - this world - can be better. There is hope. I've considered other careers. I've pursued other dreams. This is the one that fills me.

So I write.

Writing inspiration and motivation by Writer’s Atelier. Find more writing resources on the Writer’s Atelier website! (Want the pinned image? Check out our Instagram!)
Via Pinterest

Why do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES