Writing with a Pre-written Ending

From My Lifeblood ~ Writing

Why is Tony Stark's face so accurate? WHY??

Anyway, his face remains accurate, and any writer would probably agree. I've really been feeling it especially this past weekend as I tried something new.

Some of y'all may already know, Ciara and Aleksander of The Dragon Books fame are my OTP. They are simply the best, in my opinion.

Don't criticise someone's OTP
The same pinterest board

I'm not saying I agree with this guy, but I won't argue against his point.

Back to Aleksander and Ciara.

I've completed one Dragon Book: The Dragons' Stones. Presently, I'm about halfway through the sequel, The Dragon's Skin. I love these characters. I seriously love them. And I spent all Sunday working with their happily ever after.

It's not something I've done before. Usually, I just write the book, and it ends the way it ends. I'm good with that. But as I'm a little stuck in TDS2, I decided to try writing an eventual happy ending for the series. And it's interesting. . . .

star wars Obi-Wan Kenobi Ewan McGregor like a sir Fancy-Pants Kenobi
Via Pinterest

What It Did for Me:
I now have a very solid, possible ending for these characters. It may not be the actual, final ending, but it is an ending I know and like. It helps anchor the story, giving me a direction to head that I maybe didn't have before.

What It Did for the Story:
As I've already said (over and over), it gave the story-line a place to go. Yes, I could write Ciarander's books without it, but a pre-written ending will definitely change the way I rework TDS2's timeline.

What It Did for the Characters:
It showed me where I want them to be by the time their story is done. It also showed me how they would react and behave in this kind of situation. More than that, I found out how they wouldn't act in this kind of situation.

So yeah, those are my thoughts on writing with a pre-written ending. Again, I'm new to this. I see some benefits, as long as you don't look at it as concrete. I have hopes that it'll work well for the story-line, but we'll see.

Yeah like that's going to happen mom
From The Craziness of Me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES