Unofficial Post

From "Books, Movies, Coffee, Etc."

Anybody else feel this meme? No? It can't just be me. Anybody at all?

From "The Craziness of Moriah Snell"

That's my philosophy, and I'm sticking to it.

So right now, I'm pro-actively working on two things:
1. HYDRATION. Really, it's harder than I thought it would be. Maybe because it doesn't come with a five step plan. But I'm doing my best and reminding myself that it's a form of self-love (but that's a topic for another post).
2. RENEWAL. This is my word for 2020, and I am trying to focus on it. Parts of it are things like hydration. Others are taking time. In the mornings before I even get out of bed, I stop and tell God three things I'm grateful for. Today's were my bullet journal, the sound of falling rain, and yesterday's writing.

WHAT I JUST READ:
Shine!
Via Goodreads
 If you've ever read any of Andrew Clements' books, this one is similar. Set in a prep school, the characters are middle schoolers. 

Piper Milly doesn't have her parents' talent for music. She loves  stars and Dr. Nellie Dumont Frisse. She can't sing, but she can find Ursa Major.

But when her dad lands a job at Chumley Prep, everything changes fast.  She has a new school, no friends, and no talents. To make matters worse, her late mom is famous at the school, and Piper definitely isn't like her at all.

A sweet story that touches on family relationships, the value of friendship, and true excellence. I rate it at five stars.




WHAT I'M READING NOW:
The Reluctant Assassin (W.A.R.P., #1)
Via Goodreads
 I'm only on chapter two of this book, but it promises to be interesting. Half of it is set in Victorian England, and the other half is modern London. It involves magic, something Eoin Colfer writes uniquely.

Riley is an apprentice assassin, but he lacks the killer's edge. Chevron wants to be an Fed, but a recent mistake may ruin her chances.

And that's about all I know. Hopefully, Colfer's skills will shine and give me a satisfying book. We'll see.







What else...?

Marcus' sire
From "The Dragon Books"
I've written a chapter and a half in The Dragon's Skin. Ciara is faces in a trauma, so that should be good. Meanwhile, Aleksander learned some of two side characters' backstory. My bestie has been after that info for awhile now, so it was fun to make her happy.

I have to edit and maybe rework some of it, but I do like what is happening here. It's sad and twisted, and it is a stark contrast to Ciara and Aleksander.

I still have several chapters to write, and then, of course, the entire thing needs an edit. But we are making progress. If I can just plug away for a couple more months, it'll all be good. . . . I think. . . .








Well, I think that's it today. Thanks for reading. Drop a comment if you've read Shine! or W.A.R.P. The Reluctant Assassin. I'd also love to hear if you choose a word for 2020 and if so, what it is and how you're pursuing it.

Have a great Wednesday and drink lots of water, okay? I need to go refill my cup.

Calvin, go do something...
From "Snoopy meets Hobbes"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES