Writing for Fun

Google it now! I don't know how many times I saw this before I finally did. I'm glad I googled it!
From "The Craziness of Moriah Snell"

So did you google it?

Dd you?

Google it!!!

Google it; I'll wait.

....

Isn't that the greatest thing?!?!

From "The Craziness of Moriah Snell"

Anywhoo....

So... I'm taking a break from The Dragon's Skin. I love it. It's wonderful, but it's hard. I'm struggling a lot with it though. for whatever reason, this sequel is harder than it predecessor.

But I'm still writing. I've started another WIP, but I'm not going to tell y'all about it. Why? Because I want this WIP to simply be fun. That's important to me. Maybe it's one of my weird writer things. Maybe I'm delusional, but having this WIP is really helping me.

See, this WIP has no pressure. I don't have to make it work. The characters can be a mess; the plot can be full of holes. I LOVE IT!!

And because of that freedom, the rest of my writing has eased. I already have fresh ideas for The Dragon's Skin, and I hope to move forward with those ideas soon. All in all, being able to relax and just write is so wonderful.

If you're stuck yourself, I highly suggest you maybe try a "just for fun WIP". The lack of expectations is just so, so amazing. I can't even tell you. It's so, so great. I feel fresher, and and I think that's part of my word for 2020: Renewal.

From "Writing Help"

Well, I hope this small update, maybe, put another tool in your bag o'tricks if you're a writer like me. If you're not, I hope you at least enjoyed hearing what's happening with The Dragon's Skin and my writing in general.

Stay healthy, y'all, and stay positive.

From "Books, Movies, Coffee, Etc."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES