June 2020 WIP Update

sneaky...
From "Snoopy meets Hobbes"

If you didn't laugh at that, I demand to know why not!

First draft vs editing
Via Pinterest

So May's writing goal was 5000 words, which would put The Dragon's Skin at roughly 46,500 words. Its present word count is 45579. So I didn't meet my goal, but, BUT!!

I finished the draft!!! *insert squealing here*

I'm very, very excited. I feel like this draft has taken forever and had so many holes. Everytime I opened the doc, there was a new problem. It was SOOO frustrating. After six plus, unplanned chapters, this draft is done from start to finish.

We're not in it for the fame and fortune, we're in it for Story – the idea that we can connect with…
From "Advice" in "Writing Help"

So presently, I'm playing "how many comments can I leave on a chapter?" I started at Chapter One, and I comment on everything. I question everything from my opening sentence to my adjective usage. I plan to do this with the entire book.

Then I'll go back to the beginning and answer all my comments. I'll keep y'all posted. My goal for June is to comment on chapters 3 -12. (I've already done 1 and 2.) We'll see come July.

From "Books, Movies, Coffee, Etc."

And that's where me and my books are right now. Thanks for reading. If you also write, what's your own editing process? How do you celebrate finishing a big project? Leave me a comment and let me know.

what did i do all day?
From "The Craziness of Moriah Snell"

(Yes, the last two memes are both Marvel related. Is this a problem? NO.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES