One Year after Moving Out

 

Via "Life Truths"

Once again, it's been a bit. But I'm tired,and I have tacos, so what better time to be honest???

Some of y'all may remember that I moved out of my parents's house about a year ago. If you do, you may also remember that it was a really hard time for me. I struggled with a lot of things, but ultimately it was the right decision for me. So today, I kinda just wanted to look back and see what this year has been like for me. Let's get started.

The first big thing is that I haven't been suicidal in about a year. And I can't explain how huge that is for me. To have been heavily suicidal since I was thirteen years old and then have three hundred sixty five days without the desire to end myself... There aren't words for how that feels.

(Everything else is going to seem really unimportant after that one, btw.)

I guess the second thing is that I haven't written much since moving out. Part of that is because I finished The Dragon's Skin and nothing else has struck me yet. I've messed around with a few ideas, but nothing worked. Part of it is that I haven't needed it in the same way I used to. I love writing and creating stories and all of it, but that process was my oxygen for so long that I think being able to step away is good for me.

And the last thing.... Well, I think it'll be easier to show y'all first and explain after.


Ummm... I started my first sleeve. I already had three small tattoos and a medium size one as well. I fell in love with a slightly more unusual style of tattoo called blackout. By random chance, I was recommended Richard Nunnally at Ageless Arts Tattoo. I've had my first session and the linework is done, and I'm super excited to see the finished piece in a month or so.

And that's about it.

I, of course, still have my precious kitty, Onyx. She's currently chilling on the opposite leg from my laptop. She's full grown now, and I couldn't love her more.



If you actually read all of that, I really appreciate it. Thanks, and I'll see y'all later!!!


Comments

  1. I did read all of it and I'm so happy that you're doing better! I have struggled with that stuff too, and I know how hard that can be! Also, I moved out about six months ago as well, and that too has been a very difficult process. Praying for you! Again, so thankful to the Lord that you're happier now!

    With love,
    Maggie/Faye (I still remember that old nickname haha!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES