Moving Forward with THE DRAGONS' STONES

From "The Craziness of Me"

I'm right there with you, Lin. Sometimes it feels like my coffee is all that's holding me together. That's why I've been posting things like "Please Remember" and "And Empty Space". Because I'm reminding myself of those things even as I write them. 

From "To Keep Me Sane"

How am I trying again?

Y'all may remember from 2019's final post (the one with cute puppy gif) that one of my goals for 2020 was to find an agent for The Dragons' Stones.  Well... as an effort to rise and renew, I sent my book to an agent.

I really don't know what comes next. I may be accepted. I may be rejected. All I know is I'm trying. I've dreamed of doing this since I was about thirteen years old. Here I am some seven years later, and I've done it. It's the first step to really living my dream.

Celebrate every tiny victory! Download this FREE wallpaper @ www.V3Apparel.com/MadeToMotivate and many more for motivation on the go! / Fitness Motivation / Workout Quotes / Gym Inspiration / Motivational Quotes / Motivation
Via Pinterest

And that's what this is for me - a small victory. I still have a mountain to climb. But putting my work out there and letting it be seen is a victory. I will celebrate it.

So as part of that, here's a snippet from The Dragons' Stones, Chapter Two. Some context: Aleksander (one of the main character) is remembering a life changing moment from his past. I hope y'all enjoy it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our house had felt clean but cold when I stepped inside it. The floor had been swept, but the broom lay on the floor. I looked around. I couldn’t see Bridgit. That was… odd. Maybe she had gone outside, I told myself. I turned around and went back out.
“Bridgit! Bridgit!”
She didn’t answer my calls. I waited one, two, three minutes, but no answer came. I frowned and walked back inside the house. It still remained empty. Where was she? She couldn’t walk far from here. So where was my sister?
I didn’t know. I didn’t know! And those words pounded as loudly as my heart. I pulled back the blanket on her pallet and fell to my knees to check under the table. I knew they would be empty, but seeing nothing brought tears rippling down my face. She was…. She was gone.
I crumbled into a chair. My hands held my head up. No, they tried to, but it fell to my knees. I let it stay there. I didn’t have enough strength to lift it back up. My body shook the chair as I cried. As I mourned.
Why, Bridgit, I thought. Why? Things were going to change today. I’d been given work by Lord Huntinburg. There would be money and food and wood…. But you were gone, and I didn’t know where. You had left me alone with a new cut in my heart. One right next to Mother’s and Father’s. It went every bit as deep.
I never left the chair that night, and the next morning I had gotten up and gone to Lord Huntinburg. I hadn’t cried, didn’t tell anyone. Some knew, but I never spoke of Bridgit again. Not for three years. Not even today, the worst day of the year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you liked that, please leave a comment below. Would y'all be interested in more snippets? It's something I could easily do more of. Maybe jump on the bandwagon of #TeaserTues

From "The Craziness of Me"

Comments

  1. Congratulations Moriah!! That's got to be so exciting and nerve-racking...like waiting to hear back about your audition results--except maybe even more so. I liked that snippet! You've improved that section A LOT since I last read the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I'd be interested to read more snippets!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bookin' It

Please Remember....

Teaser Tuesday with THE DRAGONS' STONES